[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/common.php on line 122: require() [function.require]: Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 18: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 19: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once() [function.include-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.linderdaum.com • View topic - Visual C++ 2010 Express

Visual C++ 2010 Express

Problems building or running the engine, questions about how to use features and so on.

Re: Visual C++ 2010 Express

Postby ViktorL » February 21st, 2012, 7:29 pm

>> The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Wow, that's a surprise... Now would you mind going to the Windows' Event Viewer utility and see the last application error ? We need to known if this is LSDC.exe failing to run.
ViktorL

Postby ViktorL » February 21st, 2012, 7:39 pm

What does the
"python --version"
command say ?
ViktorL

Postby Scilly_guy » February 22nd, 2012, 12:33 pm

Python 3.2.2

Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8"
C:\LinderdaumSDK\Tools\LSDC\LSDC.exe

If it makes a difference I am running windows 7 Professional 64-bit, with an AMD Phenom 9850 Quad Core 2.5ghz processor
Scilly_guy

Postby SergeyK » February 22nd, 2012, 3:25 pm

Try this version of LSDC (replace your one with it)
Will you still get this error?
Attachments
LSDC.zip
LSDC
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 366 times
SergeyK
Site Admin

Postby Scilly_guy » February 22nd, 2012, 3:39 pm

The good news is I can now get the engine to compile but when trying to compile a test app I get:
2>LinderdaumEngine.lib(SysEnv.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl RegisterPackageLinderdaumCoreTunnellers(class sEnvironment *)" (?RegisterPackageLinderdaumCoreTunnellers@@YAXPAVsEnvironment@@@Z) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sSysEnv::RegisterEnvironmentSymbols(void)" (?RegisterEnvironmentSymbols@sSysEnv@@AAEXXZ)

Code: Select all
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\LinderdaumSDK\Apps\testing\.\testing.exe) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (C:\LinderdaumSDK\Apps\testing\testing_Win32Debug.exe). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(992,5): warning MSB8012: TargetName(testing) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (testing_Win32Debug). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
2>LinderdaumEngine.lib(SysEnv.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl RegisterPackageLinderdaumCoreTunnellers(class sEnvironment *)" (?RegisterPackageLinderdaumCoreTunnellers@@YAXPAVsEnvironment@@@Z) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sSysEnv::RegisterEnvironmentSymbols(void)" (?RegisterEnvironmentSymbols@sSysEnv@@AAEXXZ)
2>.\/testing_Win32Debug.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Scilly_guy

Postby ViktorL » February 22nd, 2012, 5:26 pm

Oh, you're close to success :)

See this: you have rebuilt (using the rebuildLSD.py) the engine's autogenerated source code (in Src/Generated), but after this (sorry, forgot it, but it is in the ReadmeBuild, however) you have to add the generated sources in the Linderdaum*.vc(x)proj

Right after the 'rebuildLSD.py' run the 'makeconfig.py' script and then it must automatically add all the new sources to Linderdaum.vcproj

Having done that, rebuild the solution. I'm sure this helps.

The trouble you discovered with the LSDC is really subtle. I'm also running 64-bit Win7, BUT my copy of the LSDC is built with the 'gcc' compiler for x64 target. The VC++ uses another C run-time library, which is really tied to x86 target. We'll fix it in the upcoming release and right now try to live with the supplied lsdc.exe :)

Of course, you can remove (or unload) the Linderdaum.vcproj from your solution, if you're not planning to hack the engine's sources.
ViktorL

Postby Scilly_guy » February 24th, 2012, 3:43 pm

Sorry about that, I've been AFK for a few days. But NOW I am back and the engine is running, 200fps! Thanks for all your help, I hope I don't need more for a while, but if I do, at least that means I'm doing stuff.

Scilly_guy

Postby ViktorL » February 24th, 2012, 4:20 pm

We are glad to help you, that's a good way for us to improve usability.

Good luck and ask more questions, when appropriate.
ViktorL

Previous

Return to Help